Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Final post of the night...

I just had to put a few pictures up from today, which was spent taking in the three best things San Francisco could possibly offer, at least for today: the Golden Gate Bridge, the All-Star Game, and fantastic seafood at Fisherman's Wharf.
A cool, misty fog swirled around the bridge all day. It was pretty cold today. High of only 67 on July 10th. Not standard.
Best.
The 78th All Star game from AT&T Park. Goosebumps.
I don't know what it is exactly about this photo, because nothing seems particularly significant about it. But when I took it, it suddenly clicked in my head how amazing the last week and a half has been, and how unbelievably blessed my life really is.
Maybe the best meal I've had all year. This stuff was all probably alive about 15 hours before I ate it. Fresh out of the bay, the crab legs, clams, shrimp, squid... it was all unbelievably good. I don't even like seafood, and I could eat that everyday.
But I don't care how good it tastes, that still seems gross to me.
Alright, seriously bedtime now.
-TC

1 comment:

The Great Entertainer said...

My parents actually lived in San Francisco for a few years before I was born. It is one of my mother's favorite places on earth. She loved living there and it is supposed to be pretty amazing. I hope to get out there someday. The pictures look pretty cool fellas. A highly entertaining read! I'm not sure how many people are reading this, but I'm one of the few people commenting. Lol...thanks for introducing me to the words...ultimate and "fake worst". My favorite fake worst story was the cab driver in Chicago going "fake worst" when you guys almost got hit by a bus.